Summer Conference Call for Presentations
The Association for Career Technical Education of Arizona and the Arizona Department of Education invite you to participate in the 44th Annual ACTE Summer Conference. The conference will be held on July 12-17, 2019 and hosted once again by the Loews Ventana Canyon and Westin La Paloma in Tucson, Arizona.
The Summer Conference is a chance for CTE Administrators, Counselors and Teachers the opportunity to connect, develop leaderships skills, and learn about topics, such as, current issues, funding, advocacy and data research. It is also an opportunity to learn best practices and techniques to take back to your classroom and district and to connect with Industry partners sharing skills from today’s workplace. Be sure to join us as we look at CTE as it is today, but also as we begin to prepare for the Possibilities of CTE’s Tomorrow.
We are seeking presenters for the 2019 Summer Conference, July 12-17, 2019, who are excited to share their knowledge with their peers. While we welcome a wide variety of subjects, we are primarily focused on sessions within the following topics:
- Growing CTE Ambassadors, Including Advocacy Training and the Latest Effectiveness in Data & Research
- Best Practices in Connecting Students with Industry Licensure and Certifications
- How to Build Future CTE Leaders from Within the Ranks of Your District
- Developing and Sustaining Effective Post-Secondary Partnerships (Dual Enrollment, Shared Advisory Councils, etc.)
- Exponential Technologies and the Future of the Workforce
- Strategies for Work-Based Learning
- Innovative Strategies to Engage Students in Learning
- Integration of Core Standards
- Career Exploration 5-9 (Not ECAPS)
The deadlines for Summer Conference Presentations to be received will be January 14, 2019. All proposals are peer-reviewed. Final decisions will be made, and submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal via e-mail by February 4, 2019.
Please remember the following guideline when submitting a presentation:
- ONLY SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR YOURSELF
- Length of Presentation – All presentations are one and half hours (1-1/2) and will be Friday morning thru Tuesday afternoon.
- Please do not use acronyms, initials or CAPS in your name, affiliation, address, title or description. NOTE: ACTEAZ/ADE reserves the right to edit presentation titles and descriptions for length and content.
- Accepted speakers and co-speakers are responsible for ALL conference related expenses, including, travel, lodging and meals.