Call for Presentations
The Association Career Technical Education of Arizona (ACTEAZ) and the Arizona Department of Education invite you to participate in the 45th Annual ACTE Summer Conference. The theme of this year’s conference is CTE: Beyond the Classroom. The conference will be held July 17 – 22, 2020 at the Hilton El Conquistador and the Westin La Paloma in Tucson, Arizona. Below you will find the guidelines for submitting a proposal.
The deadline to submit a proposal is January 13, 2020. All proposals are peer-reviewed. Final decisions will be made, and submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal via e-mail by January 27, 2020. Please remember to only submit a proposal if you can present at any time during the conference. ONLY SUBMIT A PROPOSAL FOR YOURSELF.
Standard presentation times are fifty minutes and will be Friday morning thru Tuesday afternoon. There is options available for longer sessions, sessions needing multiple days, and repeat sessions.
While we welcome a wide variety of subjects, we are primarily focused on sessions within the following topics:
- Developing Leadership Skills for CTE and Educational Leaders
- Best Practices in Connecting Students with Industry Licensure and Certifications
- Standards-aligned and integrated curriculum
- Sequencing and articulation
- Student Assessment
- Prepared and Effective Program Staff
- Engaging Instruction
- Access and Equity
- Facilities, Equipment, Technology and Materials
- Business and Community Partnerships
- Student career Development
- Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Work-based Learning
- Data and Program improvement
Accepted speakers and co-speakers are responsible for ALL conference related expenses, including, travel, lodging and meals.
Thank you for submitting! If you have any questions please contact Shelly York at [email protected]