Welcome to the Arizona Career and Technical Education 2022 Summer Conference
The Association for Career and Technical Education and the Arizona Department of Education is excited to host the “Returning to the Core of CTE” Summer Conference, which will be held July 15-20, 2022, in Tucson, Arizona.
This conference is open to administrators, counselors, teachers, and industry members. It will provide professional development sessions, as well as opportunities to connect and network with peers, program areas, and the CTE community.
Our theme for this year is “Returning to the Core of CTE,” which signals a return to in-person learning and work-based projects after nearly two years of virtual instruction. Though the pandemic brought many challenges, it also highlighted just how important CTE is in our world. From the medical workers on the frontlines, to agriculture and transportation keeping goods flowing, IT technicians keeping us connected via the Internet… the list goes on and on.
Now that we are meeting in-person once again, it is time to use our experiences from the past two years to strengthen CTE going forward.
We are seeking presenters for this year’s Summer Conference.
Deadline to Submit a Proposal: January 14, 2022
All proposals are peer-reviewed. Final decisions will be made, and submitters will be notified of the status of their proposal via e-mail by January 31, 2022.
Presenters should be available for the actual conference days July 15-20, 2022. We encourage presenters to check in on their sessions in the Whova app during the 4 weeks after the active conference dates to answer any questions in the session chat.
Length of Presentation: All presentations are 50 minutes and will be Friday morning through Tuesday afternoon. Please only submit if you can present at any time during the conference. Do not submit a proposal for someone else.
While we welcome a wide variety of subjects, we are primarily focused on sessions within the following topics:
- Employers, Schools and Educator Partnerships for Extraordinary Student Success
- Extraordinary Leadership Skills for CTE and Educational Leaders in your Districts and Schools
- Student Assessment
- Engaging Instruction
- Facilities, Equipment, Technology and Materials
- Career and Technical Student Organizations Best Practices
- Work-Based Learning and the Future of the Workforce
- Standards-aligned and integrated curriculum
- Best Practices in Connecting Students with Industry Licensure and Certifications
- Equity, Diversity and Cultural Influences in Teaching
- Growing CTE Ambassadors, including Advocacy Training and the Latest Effectiveness in Data & Research
- Share the Latest Knowledge of our Partners-Exhibitors’ Presentations
- The Many Hats, Impact and Talents of School Counselors
- Speed Networking CTE Programs and Sharing with Colleagues
- Recruitment and Retention of Special Populations
- Developing Leadership Skills for CTE and Educational Leaders
- How to Build Future CTE Leaders from Within the Ranks of Your District
- Developing and Sustaining Effective Post-Secondary Partnerships (Dual Enrollment, Shared Advisory Councils, etc.)
Guidelines: Please do not use acronyms, initials or CAPS in your name, affiliation, address, title, or description. ACTEAZ/ADE reserves the right to edit presentation titles and descriptions for length
Accepted speakers and co-speakers are responsible for ALL conference related expenses, including, travel, lodging and meals.
By submitting a Call for Presentations, you grant permission for the use of your name, voice and/or likeness related to your participation in any event affiliated with the ACTE 2022 Summer Conference. You waive all rights to any compensation and to approve the images, audio and/or printed and electronic material in which they are used, and you release the Association Career Technical Education of Arizona (ACTEAZ), Arizona Department of Education (ADE), ACTEAZ Affiliates, and its employees, consultants and agents from any claims, damages, or liability.
We hope our conference shows you the latest in cutting-edge CTE technology, as well as helpful tips and tricks that will serve you over the course of your career.
If you have any questions, please contact Shelly York at [email protected]
NOTE: To submit a session, DO NOT log in. Click the red button that says “Submit Session Proposal” and follow the steps on screen.