It is with a heavy heart that we are notifying you of our decision to cancel the 2020 Arizona CTE Summer Conference. This decision did not come easily for our ACTEAZ Executive Committee working on behalf of our Board of Directors. To continue with the conference we had two main requirements. Our primary requirement was to be able to guarantee the safety and health concerns of our attendees. Our secondary requirement was to be able to provide them the value and benefits we maintain during our standard conference. We felt that we could not meet both requirements.
The logistics to host a conference of this magnitude within the parameters of the CDC guidelines is still uncertain. With social distancing as a main factor, as well as reduced attendance due to school district policies, we would not be able to meet the needs of our members or our business partners. After hours of conversations it became clear that we could not proceed with confidence to hold our outstanding conference.
We want to remind you that you should cancel your hotel reservations as quickly as possible. The hotels have been remarkable in working with us. Canceling your reservation will open up the opportunity for them to fill the rooms with other guests.
- To cancel your reservation at Hilton El Conquistador please call: (520) 544-5000 or (888) 370-0980.
- To cancel your reservation at Westin La Paloma please call: (888) 236-2427 Marriott Reservation System. Those who have BONVOY accounts can just go into or use the email confirmation and click to cancel.
- To cancel your reservation at Embassy Suites please call: (520) 352-4000.
To answer some questions:
- Payments submitted to ACTEAZ for the conference will be refunded as quickly as possible.
- If your company is also presenting at the conference, the presenters will also be notified of this cancellation.
While this year’s conference may not have happened, we are already working towards next year and hope that you will join us in making it even better. We will work hard to provide the services you need so please let us know if we can help you. As always we are committed to our members, business partners, and our communities. We are so appreciative of all the efforts you have contributed to not only ACTEAZ, but CTE as a whole.