2020 Arizona CTE Summer Conference Update
Dear ACTEAZ Members,
After careful consideration we have determined it in the best interest of our members to cancel the 2020 Arizona CTE Summer Conference. This decision did not come easily for our ACTEAZ Executive Committee working on behalf of our Board of Directors. To continue with the conference we had two main requirements. Our primary requirement was to be able to guarantee the safety and health concerns of our members. Our secondary requirement was to be able to provide you with the value and benefits we maintain during our standard conference. We felt that we could not meet both requirements.
The logistics to host a conference of this magnitude within the parameters of the CDC guidelines is still uncertain. Food service and social distancing were among our biggest concerns. After hours of conversations it became clear that we could not proceed with confidence to hold our outstanding conference.
We are asking that you cancel your hotel reservations as quickly as possible. The hotels have been remarkable in working with us. Canceling your reservation will open up the opportunity for them to fill the rooms with other guests.
- To cancel your reservation at Hilton El Conquistador please call: (520) 544-5000 or (888) 370-0980.
- To cancel your reservation at Westin La Paloma please call: 1.888.236.2427 Marriott Reservation System. Those who have BONVOY accounts can just go into or use the email confirmation and click to cancel.
- To cancel your reservation at Embassy Suites please call: (520) 352-4000.
If you are considering any staycations or events in the future we hope you will chose our partner hotels. We cannot say enough about the service we have received.
To answer some questions:
- Scholarships will still be awarded and winners will still be notified. We will also post the winners on our website.
- Award winners will also be notified, we will post winners on our website and we will find a way to honor these outstanding recipients to show our appreciation for their hard work. More information will be coming.
- If you have created a poster for the poster session we would like to invite you to save it for next year’s conference.
- Payments submitted to ACTEAZ for the conference will be refunded as quickly as possible.
- Teachers who were planning on taking the Premiere Series courses please visit https://www.azcteleads.org/teacher-series/ for a listing of all courses being offered virtually or later in the year. ACTEAZ is currently piloting and creating several courses to be taught virtually. Please watch your e-blasts for information.
We will work hard to provide the services you need so please let us know if we can help you. As always we are committed to you and our mission. We are so proud of all of our educators and the leaders you have proven to be again and again.
ACTEAZ President on behalf of Executive Committee and Board of Directors